As the holiday season approaches, many of us find ourselves caught up in the whirlwind of festivities, family gatherings, and social obligations. While it’s a time for joy and celebration, it’s also a crucial time to prioritize our well-being.
One of the most meaningful gifts you can give yourself during this season is the establishment of healthy boundaries.
Healthy boundaries are actually meant to protect your energy and help you become more present in the moments that may have felt a little too draining in the past.
And if you’re sitting there thinking… “Oh, I cannot get out of _______” or “I have to do _______” Guess what! You actually do get to say no or even just reestablish the commitment you want to make in a different way!
But why set boundaries instead of pushing through?
- You get to preserving your energy: The holiday season often involves a flurry of activities, leaving us feeling drained and overwhelmed. By setting boundaries, you can safeguard your energy and ensure you have the reserves needed to fully enjoy the festivities.
- You get to prioritize self-care: Amidst the hustle and bustle, it’s easy to neglect self-care. Establishing boundaries allows you to prioritize your well-being, whether it’s taking time for rest, engaging in activities that bring you joy, or simply having moments of solitude. P.S. If you could use a little help with this, listen to this Hypnosis Audio:https://www.lauren-best.com/permission-to-prioritize-self-care-hypnosis-audio/
- You get to reduce stress for yourself: Setting clear boundaries helps manage stress levels by preventing overcommitment. By being selective about the events and activities you participate in, you can create a more relaxed and easeful experience for yourself.
- You still get to maintain healthy relationships: Healthy boundaries contribute to positive and respectful relationships. Clearly communicating your needs and limits fosters understanding and prevents potential conflicts during the holiday gatherings.
But how can you actually set a boundary?
- Start by identifying your limits: Reflect on your personal needs, emotional triggers, and energy levels. Understanding your limits is the first step in setting effective boundaries.
- Confidently voice what it is you are available for: Clearly communicating your boundaries to those around you may feel super intimidating. But you need to know that you get to use assertive and respectful language to express your needs, so that others understand your priorities during the holiday season.
- Learn to say “no”: It’s okay to decline invitations or commitments that don’t align with your well-being, your timeframes, or your plans to relax. Saying no is not a rejection; it’s a powerful act of self-care.
- Embracing imperfection: Understand that setting boundaries doesn’t mean striving for perfection. It’s about creating opportunity for you to experience harmony between the things that you are looking forward to without sacrificing your mental and emotional health. If you find yourself feeling depleted, sacrificing your energy or needs, or feeling frustrated, remind yourself that this is an opportunity to pause and ask yourself what it is you need right now. Maybe you need to take a quick walk on your own… sneak into a spare bedroom and take some deep breaths… or take moment to hydrate.
If you find the idea of setting boundaries challenging or need guidance in the process, seeking support is a valuable option. Private hypnosis sessions provide a unique opportunity to uncover and address underlying issues that may hinder your ability to set boundaries confidently.
I invite you to schedule a personalized session here ♥️ https://calendly.com/d/488-wnb-cgx
Lots of love,